We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to create vertical line using ireport?

darwin_chow

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This one I think I can help with.

First ... does the summary have to be in the page footer? Or at the end of a group? You could put the vertical lines & summary in the group footer instead of page footer, and things should line up fine (even if you add a "fake" group that doesn't really group on anything).

If you really want the summary in the page footer, you can set the page column footer to float (with iReport, it's in the report properties, "Float column footer"; in jrxml, set "isFloatColumnFooter" to true). By setting this, the page footer will float up to the bottom of the detail rows and should nestle nicely against the last detail row (or, if you have a group footer, against the group footer).

dr_j

Create a style with borders on it then apply that style to your fields; you'll save yourself a whole lot of unnecessary pain. Also, set the "split type" on your footer to stretch if you want to connect it to the foot of your repeating detail sections.

Hi Shazinfy,

I use iReport version 3.0.0 and  i have try to use version 3.7.5 but I still can't found the new feature in jasper to solve my problem. can you give me the example one report that has just one data in detail band and it has line from the top detail band to the top on page footer band.

Sorry, I can't provide the sample data because I don't have xml file with data (I never try to use xml as datasorce).  I use the mysql database as my datasource.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I think the problem can be summarized like this:

How to draw vertical lines in lower part of the page where there are no detail records?

There is one solution that might work in some cases. If all pages of the document have the same tabular structure, with the same page footer, then maybe all these lines can be all drawn in the background section of the report.

Doing so, your report would work just like when you print something on a pre-printed template, that has all the wireframes drawn in advance and you only fill-in the variable data.

I hope this helps.
Teodor