We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Bugs? Cascading Input Controls

englbrechtful

Hey,

i just upgraded my JS to 3.7.0 CE,

and this looks pretty buggy too me. Im wondering if something went wrong during upgrade or if this is just because its not a final version.

problem1: when i click view->reports i get the same view like view->repository

problem2:

im using a singel cascading input control. Its working so far, i get the expected reports.

BUT i dont see what i choose. the dropdown menu is just to small to see anything.

check attached picture to see what i mean.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK!

1) Create a File (your jrxml from IReport)

2) Create a DataSource

3) Create a Query to populate your combobox... for example: select name from users.

4) Create a Input Control using the Query of number 3.

5) Create a Report and set the input control and the others things ...

I hope help you...

problem1: when i click view->reports i get the same view like view->repository

This is intentional. In fact you don't get the same view. It's the same repository view page, but in this case it's filtered to show only reports. Functionally it's equivalent to the old report view page. But instead of being plain HTML with reports in a confusing order, it's the new repository viewer GUI showing the same list as before.

problem2: im using a singel cascading input control. ...

I haven't seen that problem. The cascading input controls are working well for other folks. I think you'll need to post more precise details about how the input control is defined for others to guess what's going wrong.

Regards,
Matt

I agree with the non-developer view being "too much" for some purposes...for some applications, we just want to have reports available for very non-technical users to run via web-browser...I use web-services to build report menu in jsf or jsp and which is clickable menu which then just runs the report via url flow.html stuff in another window or frame

• 2 weeks later...

The old screens etc are there, just disabled. I don't know whether they still work, but you can try a URL like:

flow.html?_flowId=removedReportsList

This can go into a menu, or you can set it as the home page (say).

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Hi,

Apologies if this isn't the right thread to ask this but I did fine this while searching for some answers and because my question relates to Cascading Input Controls it seems appropriate.

I would like to have multiple cascading input controls. Meaning Filter on Filter. So if I had 2 filters, first one is account and the second is users, and my report is to display the list of users details. I would like to select an account and then filter the second list based on th selection of the first list.

I have tried this with creating an SQL multi select input control for the first box (Account) but then can see how i can populate the second input control based on the first inputs selection?

It would look like this (Multi select boxes):

Accounts: 

1. Users:

<Run Report>

Any help much appreciated.

Jono

Jono,

I think this should be a separate thread. Please re-post it (along with this reply).

You should be able to get what you want by making the query for users like this:

SELECT username FROM users u WHERE $X{IN, u.accountid, Accounts}

That assumes the existance of a parameter called "Accounts".

Regards,
Matt

• 1 month later...