We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

[RESOLVED] Stretch With Overflow - iReport 3.6.1

thangalin

Hi,

The first attached image shows the detail band with a number of text fields.

The second attached image shows the results of the report, as a PDF.

The problem is that the COMMENT_TEXT field is not stretching vertically to accommodate the full text.

When the COMMENT_TEXT is moved to the Summary band, the vertical stretch applies okay, but since it is in the Summary band, only the last COMMENT_TEXT is ever fully displayed.

How can we get the COMMENT_TEXT to stretch vertically (and thus show all 4000 characters)?

We have tried:

1. Creating a subreport.
  2. Creating a 2nd detail band.
  3. Creating a group footer.
  4. Reading the documentation. ;-)
  5. Messing with various values all day long.

Nothing seems to get the text to stretch. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Dave

Post Edited by thangalin at 11/19/2009 16:59

Post Edited by thangalin at 11/19/2009 18:00

Post Edited by thangalin at 11/23/2009 16:46

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the elements are set to Float, including those in the Page Header.

The COMMENT_TEXT section of the report remains unstretched.

I changed the report as follows:

-> Main Report -> ActionItems Subreport -> AcitionItemComment Subreport

In the ActionItems Subreport, there is a Group Footer band, which includes the AcitionItemComment Subreport. The only item in the ActionIttemComment report is the COMMENT_TEXT. All items are set to Float.

When the COMMENT_TEXT is placed in the Detail 1 band, it does not stretch. When placed in the Summary band, it stretches. The problem, however, remains: only the last action item comment is ever displayed.

Other ideas?

Post Edited by thangalin at 11/19/2009 17:20

Hi, vivekkohli.

The COMMENT_TEXT field, when using a group with no group expression, appears. However, it only shows up for the last item in the group.

The attached images:

• missing-comment.png - Shows the full report. I am trying to get the description for "Anti-Slip Surfaces on Walkways #2" to appear directly below the line.
  • grouped-comment-text.png - Shows that the COMMENT_TEXT is in a group by itself. The group has no expression part. As can be seen by the missing-comment.png image, the text does get stretched, but only for the last item returned.
  • data.png - Confirms that there is text in the database for the comment.

Any other suggestions out there?

Thanks in advance,

Dave

Post Edited by thangalin at 11/20/2009 20:08

Attached is a picture illustrating that the problem persists.

Both action items in the image have commented text in the database.

The Summary section is part of the main report. The action item name, assignee, etc. are part of the subreport.

I added an Action Item Group (Footer) to the main report, which includes the subreport.

I added an Action Item Group (Footer) to the subreport, which allows the comment text to grow.

The problem is that I can get the comment text to grow (as in the first image), or get the first line of both comment texts to appear (as in the second image), but cannot do both at the same time.

Any more ideas?

Dave