We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Again an Error with iReport

ramandeep1980

I think this is a problem with iReport and no one is here to reply what this is about?I think i have asked quite a bit questions about jasper iReport erros but noone is here to reply and tell what they are about..
I am making one more try here.This has happened with me more than 5 or 6 times.I run a report and close it after prefect execution and when open up after a while suddenly this error comes up and it wont go and ruins the file completely.

I am not sure someone is here to help or not.i think jasper should be more active in the forum
Erro is ;-
Error loading the report template:
 org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'null' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[Opaque, Transparent]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.

How come file get corrupted while being the folder.

Regards,
Raman

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How to solve the problem:

switch to the XML view, find the the attribute mode, remove it (or set for it a proper value like Opaque or Transparent). Switch back to the visual view. 

I really don't know how it is possible that the value can be set to null, I need to investigate. Anyway, can you tell me what version are you using? I would like to fix that problem soon.

Thanks a lot

Giulio

Post Edited by Giulio Toffoli at 04/02/09 22:53

Thanks a lot for your reply.
I am using Ireport 3.5.0
There is no mode in my jrxml.Thats what is stranger.
When I click 'Opaque' mode gets inserted.Then I remove it.
But still the same problem.
I am not able to move ahead at all :(
Please help.

Attached the jrxml for your reference.

Hi giulio,

This is what has hapened to me few mind ago.A report which was runnign perfectly fine suddenly end up giving me error coz the text allignment got set to NULL.. See this one..

Error loading the report template: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'null' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[Left, Center, Right, Justified]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.

Again i have to go back to XML and change them to CENTER to make them start working.. I think u need to do something about it ..

shriyakish

Ya im able to figure out the problem.You have to see the error and se what it is saying and have to goto JRXML file and make the change manually. See my error.It meant was that my text allignemtn was set to NULL automatically thus i hve to go back to xml and change it manually... I hope this would be helpful.If not send me ur XML i will try to help..Though not sure :-)

Regards,

Raman

Post Edited by Raman Deep Singh at 04/05/09 11:06

Hello Raman,

Thanks for your reply.

I am aware of modifying  the jrxml based on the error.

However this error that comes , the attribute is NOT there in the jrxml at all.

From somewhere it seems to go as null.

Have attached the jrxml for your reference.

Please help

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Sometimes when openning a correctly edited and saved jxml, ireport throw exception:  Error loading the report template: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-enumeration-valid: Value 'null' is not facet-valid with respect to enumeration '[Left, Center, Right, Justified]'. It must be a value from the enumeration.

Root: in edit mode, ireport tool DOES allow a "null" value for a set of position attributs and fields, while in openning mode, it DOES NOT!

Solution:
1. opend jxml in ultra edit or note tool..
2. find positionType="null", replace it with positionType="Float" or else valid values suggested by the exception message
3. find textPosition="null", replace it with "Center" or else valid valudes suggested by the exception message
4. save and reload in iReport.

Leo

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi

I've the same problem!

I find in my jrxml this line:

<measure name="nr_fattureMisura" class="java.lang.Long" calculation="Sum" percentageOf="">
   <measureExpression><![CDATA[$F{nr_fatture}]]></measureExpression>

I must remove the property percentageOf="" to solve the problem.

I think it's a iReport bug because I use the property tab to set this field but no value is written in the jrxml!

Luigi