We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Barcode support in iReport 3.1

pumaking

Hello,

up to now I'm working with IReport 2.0.5 which includes support to generate barcodes.

Now I'm testing iReport 3.1.4 NB and I don't find the barcode feature anymore. Do I have to use the old version of IReport when I want to use barcodes or is there a possibility to get barcodes working in the new one?

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I also have the same issue : I need barcode support in iReport 3.1.4.

For now, I just added an image item on my report with lines like

"it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage.getBarcodeImage(26,"Code 39 (Extended)",true,false,null,0,0)"

in the "Image Expression" field,  "java.awt.Image" in the "Expression Class" field as a workaround.  And as the it.businesslogic.ireport.barcode.BcImage class seems to be no longer embedded in the Jasper Jar, I also added it in our own jars since we only use JasperReports from our own Java component.

Barcode is a *very* important element for us.

Post Edited by B F at 03/09/09 13:27

• 3 weeks later...

I just don't get it !!!

Isn't the new version supose to be better (more tools)?

I was thinking about moving my CrystalReports to JasperReport mainly because of the barcode support.

I just lost several hours struggling with the iReport pluggin for Netbeans (which just don't work with EJBQL connections). So I downloaded the iReport 3.1.4 and I could use EJBQL connections, but NO BARCODES?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Well, I'll just use iReport 3.0.0 'till i'll find a better solution...

Hi Giulio and all the other JR gurus,

I just downloaded the latest 3.5 nb-version and still *cry* no Barcode Support? :-(

I still can't update our whole project from 2.0.5 to 3.x version as we (and of course our customers much more) need barcode support with the designer.

Is there any plan to integrate it at all? I don't want to be the bad guy who is always complaining about it, but I need new features since 2.0.5 and the only missing thing that prevents upgrading is the barcode support within iReport nb-version !??!?!

hoping for some answers + regards from sunny Germany

C-Box

• 2 weeks later...

The Barcode tool in the old version of iReport was an image element showing a barcode dynamically produced with Barbecue.

I'm currently working on a new barcode implementation using the new JasperReports custom components technology, any experts of Barcodes are welcome to give their input about what was the main lacks of the previous implementation, what open source library I should use for the new implementation (given that Barbecue looks pretty much dead...).

Any help is appreciated. Barcodes will be available in the next iR version in about a month.

Thanks guys!

Giulio

• 2 weeks later...

I found a simple way to put barcodes back in iReport.

1) Insert an image from the "Report elements", and click "Cancel" when asking for the image file.

2) In the "Expression Class", choose "java.awt.Image"

3) In the "Image expression", enter:
   net.sourceforge.barbecue.BarcodeImageHandler.getImage(net.sourceforge.barbecue.BarcodeFactory.createCode128("2009030412333"))

You must add the Barbercue Java Archive in the CLASSPATH.  I used " barbecue-1.5-beta1.jar" from Jasper (demo/samples/barcodes/ barbecue-1.5-beta1.jar).

Hope this will be useful.

• 3 years later...