We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

FATAL ERROR compiling Jasper Server

mvisman

Dear community,

in the last 2 days I have tried to compile the last version of Jasper Server.

Using Maven2, the compilation process works well but when it reaches the "JasperServer Export Import Tool" step, in the middle (I think) of them the compilation crashes..there are the list lines of the system messages (in the attachment you can find all the logfile):

Code:
 log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.13:compile (setting version to: 1.2.13 from range: [1.2.8,))
[DEBUG] log4j:log4j:jar:1.2.13:compile (range restricted from: [1.2.8,) and: 1.2.12 to: 1.2.12 )
[iNFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR
[iNFO] null
[DEBUG] Trace
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:164)
at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:334)
at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.recurse(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:334)
at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactCollector.collect(DefaultArtifactCollector.java:75)
at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:284)
at org.apache.maven.artifact.resolver.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveTransitively(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:272)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.resolveTransitiveDependencies(DefaultPluginManager.java:1238)
at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:397)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:539)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalWithLifecycle(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:480)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:459)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHandleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegments(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:143)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
at org.apache.maven.cli.MavenCli.main(MavenCli.java:272)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:315)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:255)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:430)
at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:375)
[iNFO] Total time: 3 minutes 18 seconds
[iNFO] Finished at: Sat May 26 18:41:09 CEST 2007
[iNFO] Final Memory: 15M/34M

I really don't know how to do .. have you any suggestion?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Massimo [file name=logfile_error.txt size=21705]http://www.jasperforge.org/components/com_joomlaboard/uploaded/files/logfile_error.txt[/file]

Post edited by: mvisman, at: 2007/05/26 17:28

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Massimo, I'm not sure what's happening here. One thing you can try in "commenting out" the compilation of the import-export tool directory. You can do this in the root pom.xml file (ie the one in the root of the source directory). The import-export tool isn't necessary in order to run JasperServer in the application server environment.

In the pom.xml file so similar to the following:

<!--

<module>jasperserver-export-package</module>

-->

Hello,

I notice the export package is already commented .. I think the problem may be in the module jasperserver-export-tool...It seems the step of compiler:compile of the maven doesn't run..

Everyway, I tried to compile the 1.2.0 version of the JasperServer and for that release all works fine. This may be an helpfull tip to understand the problem?

Thamks a lot

Massimo

• 2 weeks later...