We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to hide folders?

anandharaj

Hi,

How to hide folders from displaying for normal users?

Previously (1.2.0) i set to "No Access" and they can run report which have the resources (jrxml,images,etc) under parent folder with "No Access"

When i upgraded to 1.2.1, i had problems with Access Denied, then i discoved because of the parent folder set to "No Access"

So, how do i simply give READ access to a particular folder and hide from display? basically i dont want end-user to see folder suck Data Source setting, Jrxml, images and etc...

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have been discussing adding a RUN permission, so that a user can use a resource like a data source in a report, but not see it otherwise. Then the screens etc would only resources that the user has READ access to. This will require some mods to the RepositoryService.

We are not going to get to this for the next release in June, but are aiming for the release after that. We will improve the ugly Permissions screen for the next release.

Sherman

JasperSoft

• 3 weeks later...

You can do it through the existing screens.

The repository screen filters to only show reports and OLAP views. You can restrict your users to only browse reports with this screen.

Repository permissions can also be applied to restrict access to individual folders.

Sherman

JasperSoft

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello,

An other way is to do that standard users don't go to the "main" repository view when they log in. As for me, I set a welcome page according to their "role" : this welcome page is a report which reads the jasper databse to get the other roles of the logged in user and display some specific hypermlinks according to the user profil.

Have a look at using permissions.

If you want normal users to not see particular folders, just give them "No Access" to those folders. Then they will never see those folders in the repository manager or in the report list.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

Sherman Wood
Wrote:

Have a look at using permissions.

If you want normal users to not see particular folders, just give them "No Access" to those folders. Then they will never see those folders in the repository manager or in the report list.

Sherman

Jaspersoft

When you set folders to "No Access" (like the images-folder with logo's), a user does not have permission to view reports with logo's.

I am looking for a kind of "run-but-invisable" permission.

Regards, Jan meijer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Here is what I did:

If you create a parent folder and place your image folder (or any other folder) into it. Then give the parent folder "No Access" to the users but set the permission to "Read" for your image folder (or any other folder) then the reports can be ran but the user will not see those folders in the repository.

Hope this helps.

Here is what I did:

1. Create a parent folder.

2. put the folder you want inside the parent folder.

3. Set the parent folder permission to "No Access"

4. Set the child folder permission to "Read Access:"

This will hide the folder from the user while allowing the items within the child folder to be accessed by the report system.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

I have the following folder role setting

root(folder) -> role_user -> read only

---------->reports(folder) -> role_user -> read only

--------------------->my dept reports(folder) - role_user -> no access

------------------------------->datasource(folder) -> role_user -> read only

I am on JS3.0, I suppose I understand the previous posts correctly, any user assigned to role_user can run reports under the my dept reports folder while not seeing the datasource sub-folder.  But the JS3.0 is not behaving like this.

Thanks in advance!