We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Changing password from UI

anandharaj

Hi,

Why currently we dont have option to change password? This make the end-user is required to use the password which given by Admin. It would be nice if the end-users can change the password on thier first login / any time.

Also, why JS not encrypted the password when saving in DB? now it saved with clear test.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 11 months later...

Actually, started in 2.1, the password change functionality is available provided the authentication is through JasperServer.

If you open up JasperServer-servlet.xml, go to the following section:

<bean id="jsCommContr" class="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.control.JSCommonController">

<property name="allowUserPasswordChange" value="false" />

</bean>

change allowUserPasswordChange to true. Restart the server, you will see in the login page, there is a password change link above the login button.

• 4 years later...

Hello Alex.Chan,
I am also facing the same problem.I am not able to change the password from the UI.I have also done the same thingas u have described above.If I fill in all the four fields - user Id, password, new password, and new password confirmation - and then press Login, user is logged in but the new password does not take effect.I am using jasper server 4.7.0.Please help me.

I am also facing the same problem.I am not able to change the password from the UI.I have also done the same thingas u have described above.If I fill in all the four fields - user Id, password, new password, and new password confirmation - and then press Login, user is logged in but the new password does not take effect.I am using jasper server 4.7.0.Please help me.

• 1 month later...