We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)

nicknxswart.nl

Hello people!

Unfortnaly I have a problem with my JasperServer, but maybe you could be the one to help me out!

Every month there is one process that generates around 400 documents.

Last night this process again run and the JasperServer got a error:

Java HotSpot 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000000d61b0000, 485883904, 0) failed; error='Cannot allocate memory' (errno=12)## There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.# Native memory allocation (mmap) failed to map 485883904 bytes for committing reserved memory.[/code]

The JasperServer 7 is running on a Ubuntu 19.04 Vultr machine with 2048 MB of RAM.

Based on the JasperServer specs I would asume it's better to increase the amount of RAM and probably the allocate memory error will then also be fixed.

But I want to try to get this problem fixed without adding more ram to the server.

Would anyone have some tips for me on how to doing that?

Kind regards,

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like that one job to run 400 documents needs 485MB free to run.   I see you run 2048MB, but how much is free?

Is that  Ubuntu Vlutr running core minimalist without a GUI?

If not you could try disabling services but 2GB is pretty tight.    That's pretty out of the scope of this forum.

If you really wanted to pinch pennies, just split your report up.  Instead of one huge document run split it up into a number of smaller automated document runs.

(Change the criteria of your report by some factor to make it into something smaller to manage.)

There is also a Virtualizer for running large reports. We used this for generating large stock or calculation based reports within our ERP-System some years ago where some Reports runs took even several hours and not to run into the OutOfMemory we used the (GZip)Virturalizer logic - Worked fine when I remember right. ;-)

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/sample.reference/virtualizer/index.html

hth + regards

C-Box