We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Can't locate the ctlscript.sh

vrenaud
Go to solution Solved by vchiem,

Hi everyone!

I've been trying to configure the outbount email server and in the end of the procedure, it asks to restart JasperServer.

The thing is, I can't find the ctlscript anywhere!

Do you know another method to restart JasperServer or how can I obtain the ctlscript.sh ?

Thanks for your help.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From your previous post, it seems like you're using Windows. If so, there's no "ctlscript.sh" because it's for Linux users.

It depends on how you setup JasperReports Server. Following pages in the documentation may help you.

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-installation-guide/v61/starting-and-stopping-jasperreports

• Solution

You can find it in the <js-install> dir eg. /opt/jasperreports-server-x.x.x directory

./ctlscript.sh start

If you are unable to locate the script then likely the install was not a bundled install so in which case you can then start the JR server as such:

<Tomcat>/bin/startup.sh

See the Installation guide for more information.

Hi vchiem,

Thanks for your answer.

I tried to find it on my server but nothing (find / -name ctlscript.sh).

I think your right it was not a bundled install. I installed tomcat and mariadb myself.

Right now I'm doing the other solution you said (kill tomcat process and start thanks to the startup.sh file) but the goal was to know if I could find the ctlscript.sh file.

Thanks again.