Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Jasperserver reports migration to another server

kediyal.manish

I have two jasperservers one on standard/enterprise edition 6.0 and other on community edition 6.4 (both running on Linux Servers ). I want to migrate same reports from enterprise sditions to community edition . How could we migrate using buildomatic commands ? The structure and database used by jasperserver enterprise edition and Community edition are different .

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hozawa ,

The issue is that Jaspersoft coummunity version for JasperServer do not provide creating organisations and in Enterprise Edition we have created different organisations for reports . My concern is when we migrate, how the reports under those organisations will imported succesfully in community version and what would be their structure .

Structure in Enterprise edition

/organizations/organization_1/organizations/ABC/organizations/PQR/organizations/XYZ/Reports/MyReport01

** ABC/PQR/XYZ are organisations

Possible Structure in Community Edition

/resources/reports/PQR/XYZ//MyReport01

** PQR/XYZ are folders under reports

I have taken complete export of jasperserver reports of enterprise edition using "js-export --everything --output-dir myExport.zip" now need to import on community version using "js-import --input-zip myExport.zip", if both both versions of enterprise edition and community edition are same whether import will work .

So the matter is not just about the report but more about using features only available in the Enterprise edition.

I think community version was actually using 1 default organization internally. As such, I don't think you'll be able to import the complete export.

The following might work(backpup source repository first if you go option 1):

1) If you have access on Enterprise machine:

- Move all you reports on enterprize in the default organization, structured by folders as you want them in Comunity(check report refrerences still work if you have subreports,etc).

-Export base organization from Enterprise

-Edit/multireplace all paths in XML and .data files that make references to organizations, so to match Comunity structure

-repack/replace in archive files

-import in Comunity

2) if  you no longer hav access to Enterprise, and can only do export. Export first, then replace organization refrerences(might be more complex) to match Comunity, repack,import