We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Are Tomcat 5.5 and iReport 4.0.1 compatible with Jaspersoft BI Enterprise Edition v6.4.2

blessed_spot

Hi,  

I already have Apache Tomcat 5.5, iReport 4.0.1, and Postgresql 9.3.18 installed on my machine. I'm going to install jasperserver BI Enterprise Edition v6.4.2 trial version and I need to choose existing Tomcat and Postgresql. Will there be any compatibility issues after installation? Since I have developed production reports, it's so vital not to have any problem with running or editing existing reports. 

Thanks 

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For starters, iReport has long been depreciated. The project has been inactive for some years now. The new report design tool is Jaspersoft Studio.

Tomcat 7 or 8 is necessary. Postgresql 9.2- 9.5 are supported so that's OK.

You'll also need JDK7 or JDK8.

Check JasperReports Server supported platform documentation for further details.

https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/v640/tibco-jasperreports-server-supported-platform-datasheet

As I've already answered, iReport project has been inactive for some years now and the software itself is no longer supported. You'll have to check compatibility issues yourself. I'm not even sure if iReport will connect to recent versions of JasperReports Server.

One think I can say is that iReport does not support JDK8.