We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Custom font with PDF export

antosha.akinshin

Hello.

When I created the report, I encountered the following problem. I loaded a сгыещь font and use it to display the text field. When it overflows on the current page, this field is moved to the next page.
When looking at the result in Jaspersoft Studio, the result is correct, but when export to PDF, some of the text disappears after transferring to the next page.

How to be in this case?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HTML export relies on the client-Browser (chrome, firefox, etc) to fetch the true font from the OS. 

PDF doesn't have this ability, so if you aren't referencing one of the handful of 'CORE' fonts which are part of the PDF Spec/Standard, then you actually embed the ttf in the PDF.   Easiest way to do this is via Font extensions, see the font extensions chapter in the Studio User Guide.

We loaded the fonts according to the instructions, but nothing has changed. Now when viewing the report in JasperSoft Studio you can see:

Page 1:

Page 2:

The first page ends with line 52, on the second page begins 53.

If export to PDF, then

Page 1:

Page 2:

The first page ended 49, the second began 53. The lines 50, 51,52 disappeared. If export to RTF, you can see why the missing lines do not fit on the first page, and remain on the first page, not moving to the second page:

I can not understand, why this happens?