We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

layout issues with old jasper reports

Hi,

I am new to jasperreports and I am aware that the application I am working on uses old jasper reports  (Ireport).

For now I am trying to add a row to one of the reports, which has three elements:

The static text : Toelichting

then to the right of that a static text:   :

Then to the right of that an expression <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{aantalUrenPerDagNietDagelijksToelichting}]]></textFieldExpression>

The expression can contain up to 180 chars which means it will overflow 2-3 rows, interfering with the elements below.

The existing example already had a similar situation  with opleidingsniveau omschrijving, which also has more than 1 row moving the row with opleiding : and opleiding expression down nicely.

For some reason I can't get this to work by  copy pasting the same textfield with properties like isStretchWithOverflow, the same way as the opleidingsniveau omschrijving.

I increased the detail band to give it a bit more  space but it is already set to stretch as well and so far the issue remains, the static text does not move along with the expression that overflows. 

Below some of the code snippets, could anyone explain what decides whether the entire row below the row with the overflow expression, will move down instead of only the element below the expression. 

In this case the static texts of the row below aantalUrenPerDagNietDagelijksToelichting remain fixed despite having multiple rows that overflow, so I would have expected the static text to move down.

Any help would be appreciated, see the png image  for a visual representation of the issue

Kind regards,

Frank Fakkeldij

<staticText>
   <reportElement positionType="Float" x="0" y="78" width="100" height="15" uuid="6f6ce1de-d5eb-4518-834a-a4f78723471d"/>
   <textElement>
      <font fontName="Verdana" isPdfEmbedded="false"/>
      <paragraph lineSpacing="Single"/>
   </textElement>
   <text><![CDATA[Opleidingsniveau]]></text>
</staticText>
<staticText>
   <reportElement positionType="Float" x="0" y="93" width="100" height="15" uuid="9dc7fd62-5626-4cbd-8600-75bec183c69d"/>
   <textElement>
      <font fontName="Verdana"/>
   </textElement>
   <text><![CDATA[Opleiding]]></text>
</staticText>

<textField isStretchWithOverflow="true" isBlankWhenNull="true">
   <reportElement positionType="Float" x="107" y="78" width="374" height="13" uuid="d507e225-3383-443b-9cd2-3a2053c30dda"/>
   <textElement>
   </textElement>
   <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{opleidingsNiveauOmschrijving}]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>

<reportElement positionType="Float" x="107" y="93" width="375" height="13" uuid="c025392e-b1d8-47b2-b120-deb3abb03877"/>
   <textElement>
   </textElement>
   <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{opleiding}]]></textFieldExpression>
</textField>

<reportElement positionType="Float" x="107" y="153" width="374" height="13" uuid="92c3e0c8-48b2-4a6f-9d33-fbe3b84f4161"/>
                <textElement>
                </textElement>
                <textFieldExpression><![CDATA[$F{aantalUrenPerDagNietDagelijksToelichting}]]></textFieldExpression>
            </textField>

<staticText>
                <reportElement positionType="Float" x="0" y="153" width="100" height="15" uuid="c4a99b58-3c6b-4e2d-90a9-6dbf2b6da71f"/>
                <textElement>
                    <font fontName="Verdana" isPdfEmbedded="false"/>
                </textElement>
                <text><![CDATA[Toelichting]]></text>
            </staticText>

image.png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you for posting to the Jaspersoft Community. Our team of experts has read your question and we are working to get you an answer as quickly as we can. If you have a Jaspersoft Professional Subscription plan, please visit https://support.tibco.com/s/ for direct access to our technical support teams offering guaranteed response times.