JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Help me to solve error

Felipe Fisichella

Hi, im new to jasperreports server, so  im trying the enterprise on trial but i also use the community version, where i only use it for reporting purpose. I connect the server to my data warehouse and data mart to make the reports but one report can consist 4 - 5 million data with 15 rows. What specifications do i need to use for this type of data ? Im using it on AWS server with 64gb RAM but still encounter slowness, like real slowness even after 30 minutes i didn't have any resullt downloaded.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting to the Jaspersoft Community. Our team of experts has read your question and we are working to get you an answer as quickly as we can. If you have a Jaspersoft Professional Subscription plan, please visit https://support.tibco.com/s/ for direct access to our technical support teams offering guaranteed response times.

Hello There,  Troubleshooting a performance issue is a tedious task and it takes several iterations to find where the bottleneck lies. 

Here is where I start: Do you need to load all 4-5 million records into the report? Is anyone looking at that report?

Is the data optimized for reports? 

Where is the data? The db columns are indexed?

What type of report are you creating in Jaspersoft?

How long does it take to run the query and fetch the results on the DB server? That would be your benchmark to measure against the load time in Jaspersoft.

Also, What's the JVM allocation to the Jasperosft server on the Server?

Where is the database located? It could be a network bottleneck from DB to Jaspersoft Server and so on. I hope that gives some action items for you to further diagnose the problem