JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Alternative to Using If Contains Case formulas

bryce.peterson

I am currently working on generating a report in a ad hoc area for the business that I work for. I need to create one formula that populates word data.

I have tried using this formula: IF(Contains("Sale Area", 'Sale Area A') and Contains("Product Description", 'Toy A'), 'Train') and Contains("Product Description", 'Toy B'), 'Car')

These formulas say they are not possible to use because I have to add in a multitude of products into the same formula, but I need it to only populate what is sold in "Area A" and populate what the product sold on that day was in words in the destination. 

Can anyone think of forumla's that would work for this situation. I have tried everything and have come up empty. 

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for posting to the Jaspersoft Community. Our team of experts has read your question and we are working to get you an answer as quickly as we can. If you have a Jaspersoft Professional Subscription plan, please visit https://support.tibco.com/s/ for direct access to our technical support teams offering guaranteed response times.