JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Suddenly Jasper stopped sending email reports

sreeraj.mnair

Hi,

I am using Jasperreports CE 8.2.0. I have created around 750 schedules that will send reports to multiple customers on early morning hours, 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM. I am using Sendgrid as mail service. Everything was working fine till Monday, 03/07/2023. On Monday morning around 8:00 AM, I noticed that no emails were sent for that day. I switched my connection from Sendgrid to Mailgun and suddenly all the emails were send.

To debug the issue, I contacted Sendgrid and they told me there were no SMTP connections from my end during that period. I also checked the jasperserver.log file and strangely, there were no logs during 3:00 AM - 5:00 AM. There were logs for the emails send using Mailgun though. Then I tried to send a mail with Sendgrid using telnet and it went successfully. Later I again switched from Mailgun to Sendgrid and tested sending emails, it was also working fine then.

Below is my SMTP settings from js.quartz.properties

report.scheduler.mail.sender.host=smtp.sendgrid.netreport.scheduler.mail.sender.username=***********report.scheduler.mail.sender.password=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXreport.scheduler.mail.sender.from=abc@xyc.comreport.scheduler.mail.sender.protocol=smtpreport.scheduler.mail.sender.port=25report.scheduler.mail.smtp.starttls.enable=truereport.scheduler.mail.smtp.auth=true[/code]

Please advice what could be the possible reasons for this issue?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

It is really hard to tell any reason behind this strange behavior, as the SendGrid configuration worked after connecting via it without doing anything.

If the issue is with sendgrid connection then it should reflect in the jasperserver.log file anyhow without this seeing the log file it is really hard to say anything.

If in the future if in case if you come across this issue then try with the restart of the jasperserver if possible if the log is not present in log file, but it usually it traces the error .

I hope this will help you, thanks!

Hi,

I have not still figure out why this issue happened. I had enabled logging for below classes in jasper log settings:
org.springframework.mail.javamail DEBUG
org.springframework.mail.javamail.JavaMailSenderImpl DEBUG

Also added below logging in log4j2 properties file:
logger.org_SpringFramework_Mail.name=org.springframework.mail
logger.org_SpringFramework_Mail.level=DEBUG

Still nothing related to emails are logged to log files.

Finally I added 

<prop key="mail.debug">true</prop>

to the applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml file. Thereafter, SMTP logs are coming to catalina.out file. I hope whenever this issue happens next, I can analyse the logs and sort out the issue.