We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

date_source parameter doesn't work if specified in URL. jasperserver8.1.1

deadsploid
Go to solution Solved by Giulio Toffoli,

Hello, I am using Jasperserver version 8.1.1 and I want to generate a report via URL, but when I specify the data source in jdbc_datasource, my report is empty. However, the data source is entered correctly and if I use this data source in the report itself, it works fine, but not through jdbc_datasource. What could be the problem?

Here is the URL: http://localhost:8080/jasperserver/rest_v2/reports/Reports/TEST/UAF.pdf?&j_username=a&j_password=a&jdbc_datasource=TEST

I have read the Authentication Cookbook and JasperReports Server Administrator Guide, but still could not find the issue.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi Deadsploid, there is not a way to dynamically specify which data source should be used to run a report in JasperReports Server.
Not sure where you have found this jdbc_datasource parameter, but it may have been part of a more complex example showing how a JDBC datasource can be configured in such a way where attributes of the user profile that runs the report can be used to drive particular behaviours, i.e. by specifying which database the data source should connect to based on that user profile.

In general the data source used to run the report (or better a Report Unit), is stored as part of the report unit itself.

Hope this helps,

Giulio

Thank you very much for your answer, it is really very helpful and important. I searched for something similar on the Internet, but did not find anything. I decided to use ChatGPT and he said that you can do the same by giving an example similar to what I indicated.

Giulio, could you please suggest how to simplify the task. I have a report and it should be used by different data sources, what can I do to avoid entering 14 data sources and the same report for each source?