We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Cannot use my Java classes working with JSS: ClassNotFoundException

valerianomoreno

I have installed JasperReports Studio 6.17 in order to generate reports with Jasper Reports. Everything is ok, i can define my templates (jrxml files), filled them with jdbc or cvs remote data, and export them correctly to several formats.

The problem is when i try to use one my own Java classes such as Scritplett or as expression functions. There is no way to recognize my classes. ClassNotFoundException is thrown each time or or Only a type can be imported

Build path seems to be ok. All depedencies seems to be correct also, but i am not able to extend the functionality interacting with my Java classes. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

pd: I am not generating reports on the fly, just from the template, declaratively.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would refer to this KBA for all your question on Scriplet:https://community.jaspersoft.com/blog/all-you-want-know-about-scriptlets

Also, I would drop the jar files into the JSS studio plugins folder and restart the studio and try again. I've seen sometimes the studio does not pick up the jar file from the build path. The path on my machine is :

C:Program FilesTIBCOJaspersoft Studio Professional-7.8.0plugins

Hope that helps!

I'm facing the same issue. Upt o version 6.16.0 everything works fine with the Scriptlet things. After updating to 6.17.0 the Scriptlet doesn't work. I did like the KBA said how to add the Scriptlet to the Jaspersoft Studio. That didn't work. So I put the jar file into my plugins folder. Add the jar file in the Java Build Path Section. Restart the Studio an it doesn't work either. Any other hints why it doesnt'work with the new version?