We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Subreport which contains a JasperReports Server Report

arnaudsimon091
Go to solution Solved by arnaudsimon091,

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah you're right I should have used the jaspersoft studio and the jasperserver tag.

I wanted to use jasper server to make reports because I have a report which is often modified by users on the server and I want to display it (the latest version) in another report, I don't know if it's the right way to do this.

Thanks for your help.

• Solution

I finally found what I should do in order to have a report of the jasperserver inside my subreport.

Let's say I have a "master report" in jasperserver and a ''slave report" = subreport which contains master report.

To put I had used this expression in the subreport "repo:/path_to_report/report_files/main_jrxml" and published it.

Then everything worked (subreport contained  a jasperserver report).

But I had another problem, when I updated my "master report", I saw that my "slave report" weren't updated.

So I opened the "main.jrxml" file of the "slave report" and I saw that instead of a subreport, it contained only a static text.

So I modified my "slave report" until I had a subreport with the expression "repo:/path_to_report/report_files/main_jrxml"

slave1.png.58f884a624387a80a1a54ad978c20ac9.png -> slave_content.png.90fad67df5c90969d7ca42170a787508.png

Now when I modified my "master report", my "slave report" is updated.

PS : With this method, external resources like "input controls" or "images" in the "master report" can't be automatically updated in to the "slave report"