We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jaspersoft upgrade from 6.3 to 7.1 login issue

ssaadat
Go to solution Solved by Friendly User,

I just upgraded Jaspersoft pro from version 6.3 to 7.1 using the steps provided in this link: https://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-upgrade-guide/v71/upgrading-60-63-71-0#upgrading_562921741_1113090

Everything went smooth and easy and Tomcat started very well. Now when I go to the login page, it clearly looks like the version 7.1 but in the side it says "What's new in Jaspersoft Version 6?". Did I miss anything during update?
Also, I cannot login to the Jaspersoft 7.1 using my account that is Admin account. Do I need to take any action to move the username and passwords from Version 6 to version 7?

Thank you,

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

If you use the pro version maybe you have access to the TIBCO professional support on support.tibco.com to get official support during your upgrade.

As a start of an answer, have you followed each steps list under the Upgrade Steps Overview in the page you shared? If you install Jaspersoft 7 separately (step 4), there is no reason it still shows the what's new in Jaspersoft 6 on the home page.

• Solution

Possibly when upgrading you have imported the previous repository archive with previous themes. I'd suggest to drop and recreate the JRS database, do the import minimal step and then when importing the repository archive add --skip-themes

As for the user, we'd need more details. Did you have encryption turned on in the previous version? Do you get any error messages in browser console or jasperserver.log files?