Error running Jasper report in Jasper studio - org.xml.sax.SAXParseException...

Error message:

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.1: Element 'property' must have no character or element information item [children], because the type's content type is empty.[/code]

This happens when opening a report that was just published to JasperServer from JasperStudio. The report and subreport resources publish without error. I can preview everything in JasperStudio except the main report with yields the error:

Unknown column name 'column_name' in result set.[/code]

So I checked out the SQL query in the subreports and 'column_name' is there, and has a field associated with it. All the queries work in command line SQL. I am using MySQL and the connection tests OK, all permissions are good as well.

The main report query is just 

SELECT 1;[/code]

so I am not sure how to debug this further. Here is the full stack trace

java.lang.Exception: The Server has returned an error with code 1 and with the message org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: cvc-complex-type.2.1: Element 'property' must have no character or element information item [children], because the type's content type is empty.    at com.jaspersoft.ireport.jasperserver.ws.WSClient.runReport(WSClient.java:421)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.soap.SoapConnection.runReport(SoapConnection.java:416)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.protocol.ProxyConnection.runReport(ProxyConnection.java:412)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.WSClientHelper.runReportUnit(WSClientHelper.java:464)    at com.jaspersoft.studio.server.editor.ReportRunControler$2.run(ReportRunControler.java:194)    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)[/code]

Update:

Not able to compile the main .jrxml file and no .jasper file is created in the files directory, although the subreport files will compile and they all have .jasper files.

This is a very strange issue as there are no elements with the name 'property' in any of the report files.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic