JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

class found in jasperreports 4.0.2, but not in 6.3?

akasson

I am upgrading the jasper reports component from version 4.0.2 to version 6.3 in a J2EE application configured with Spring MVC.   Using Jaspersoft Studio 6.3, the reports compile fine.

In the application source IDE (Eclipse)i removed the jasperreports 4.0.2 jar, and added the 6.3 jar, configured the build path, etc.

When i start my application on my local workstation, a compile error occurs.   Seems that the compile logic is looking for

"net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler.class"

But this class does not exist in jasperreports 6.3 jar.   It existed in 4.0.2, but not 6.3.   The class that is seems it should look for is:

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompilationSourceCode.class

I don't know why my application is looking for JRDefaultCompiler class, i have no references to this in the application.

As anyone experienced this?  Any ideas is greatly appreciate, thanks in advance.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your input, i am just not sure why it is using a deprecated method, i have no references to it.   It might have to do with Spring that integrates with Jasper - i am using an old version of Spring. 

This is the system out log output:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with name 'monthlyOrderReportHtml' defined in ServletContext resource [/WEB-INF/jasper_views.xml]: Class that bean class [org.springframework.web.servlet.view.jasperreports.JasperReportsHtmlView] depends on not found; nested exception is java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.design.JRDefaultCompiler