We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

add new table column to existing domain

impact
Go to solution Solved by vchiem,

The documentation suggests that opening a domain, clicking OK, and then re-opening the domain will refresh the source schema. I've noticed this does work for new tables. But I have an existing table already part of a set and participating in joins in the domain. I've added a column to the source table. I cannot figure out a way to "refresh" the table definition and expose the new column within the domain. I don't really want to unselect the effected table since I will lose all my joins, and display modifications. 

Does anyone know how to see new table columns within a selected table in an existing domain?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

For existing tables, I suppose you mean tables that are already part of the Selected Tables pane in the Tables tab and Joins tab. I have added new test columns to an existing table in an existing domain and simply by clicking on "Edit with Domain Designer" and expand the table, the new columns appear immediately in the table that selected in the Selected Table and its reflected in the Joins tab. I am using JRS 6.3 though.  I wonder whether this is attributed the difference in JRS versions. 

Try doing a quick test on sample Foodmart database... Create a domain via use domain designer and use existing table, then add a column to the database table structure and then close out designer and reopen designer to see the new column reflected in the Tables and Joins tab. 

So it is interesting. Once I do a schema change, the first time I go to edit the domain in the designer, the browser just spins forever. I restart Tomcat and then return to the designer and the new filed is there. 

• 2 weeks later...

I've confirmed that version 6.3.0 build 20160621_1840 does not update the schema in the domain automatically. I can click OK and Submit on the Domain several times and the columns to choose from are still not reflecting a field recently added to the source. If I restart Tomcat, the moment I go back into the Domain Designer, the new fields are available.