JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

Good Morning

I have a couple of questions about Jasperserver and was hoping someone could help.

I'm currently looking into new reporting tools and have a couple of requirements that I'd like to know if Jasperserver is capable of.

Can the schedules reports be saved to a location that is defined by a parameter fed into the report. In my example it needs to be in a folder name that is a column that can be retrieved in the report.

Can the software write information back to the database it is reporting from, in my case I need it to change a couple of columns to indicate the report was generated.

Cheers

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like you need the following:

1) dynamic (based on parameter) location of generated reports

2) post report generation database inserts/updates to confirm job completion/execution etc etc

You'll need to use a Java solution and work with the Report Scheduler API to make this happen. This gives you access to the scheduler functionality, i.e. the ability to schedule a new job, set any parameters for the reports, and do any post-processing such as relocating the output or writing to the db post completion.

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-ultimate-guide/v55/report-scheduling-api

Here are the provided configuration options for the reports scheduler in jasper server you can set without writing java code:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/configuring-report-scheduler

Try using Jaspersoft ETL with JasperReports Server to generate reports. There's a REST API component which you can use to generate report and you may be able to save the report to the directory based on report information. ETL also has a Database components that can be used to update source database.