JasperReports Library 7.0 is now available ×

JasperReports Server Login Refused on Linux

lisay_1

Hi, I installed JasperReports Server 6.3.0 on our Debian Linux system.  From all indications and the installation.log file, the install was successful, using default responses.  Per online instructions, I'm trying to login to the server but am getting the ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED error. 

I've seen other posts mentioning this error, but haven't found a solution that works in our installation.  The error occurs after issuing the URL <domain name>:8080/jasperserver (not jasperserver-pro, this is the community edition).  Digging around online, this may be an issue of the port in a needed listening state, being enabled past a firewall,  or other gating factor.  I'm not very Linux conversant but the port state should be ok, having verified that Tomcat is started:

root@awv02v:/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver# sudo netstat -tanpu | grep ":8080"
tcp6       0      0 :::8080                 :::*                    LISTEN      4524/java

The firewall I'm not so certain about:

root@awv02v:/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-6.3.0/apache-tomcat/webapps/jasperserver# sudo ufw status

To                         Action      From
--                         ------      ----
22                         ALLOW       Anywhere
80                         ALLOW       Anywhere
21/tcp                     ALLOW       Anywhere
Is there a standard configuration setting I'm missing that might account for the connection refusal?  Thanks for any insights.
Lisa

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you seeing the JasperReports Server login page? If so, which user/password are you trying to login with?

If not, try accessing tomcat's administration page. 

http://localhost:8080/manager/

To login, you'll need to modificy config/tomcat-users.xml. Following will let you login as tomcat/tomcat. Check that JasperReports Server is up and running.

<!-- -->
  <role rolename="tomcat"/>
  <role rolename="role1"/>
  <user username="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,manager-gui"/>
  <user username="both" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1"/>
  <user username="role1" password="tomcat" roles="role1"/>
<!-- -->
</tomcat-users>

Thanks hozawa - I'm not seeing the login page, and even after making the suggested change to tomcat-users.xml I'm not seeing the manager page either.  In Chrome, it's just a gray "This site can't be reached" generic-error screen.  Firefox yields similar results.  It seems like some access-related setting is blocking page display.  I'd previously installed JRS on my Windows development system without this error, so it would seem to be specific to the Linux install and/or environment.