We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Changing from MySQL to PostgresSQL during upgrade

joepmo

We are currently using Jasper Server 3.71 with a MySql database.   I am in the process of updating to Jasper Server 6.3.  In reading the documentation it appears that Jasper has switched from MySql to PostgresSQL as the preferred database.

I am at the point where I have exported/backed up the server and the respository and I am at the stage of configuring the buildomatic scripts.  I am trying to find out if the buildomatic script will handle migrating to the new database during the upgrade or if the proper order would be be to upgrade to the MySql version 6.3 and then from there switch to the PostgresSQL version.

Thanks.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The upgrade script may not work properly with database change. It'll be safer to upgrade to 6.3 + MySQL and then to PostgresSQL.

Jaspersoft has switched from MySQL to PostgreSQL mostly because of license change after Oracle bought it out. Technically, I prefer MySQL and I think developers are using MySQL - I find that using MySQL is more stable than using PostgreSQL.

The only downside is that you'll need to use WAR installation and not the installer. The installer sometimes does not work because of PostgreSQL installation error so I use WAR installation anyways. :-)