We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Items alignment when orientation changed

rishi.kasnia

I am new to jasper and using jasper studio to desigm my first report.

I have placed few rectangle and text elements on the column header and if i change the orientation to Landscape from portrait then these elements doesn't streach across the width of reprot. so as a result there is a lot of white sapce on the right side of report. So is there any way so that my items can auto align themselves according to the orientation of the report.

Thanks

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately no because it's not what everybody (including) me want.

If your report is just a simple list of elements, you can delete text fields in the current report, change alignment, select all fields in Outline view's Field and drag & drop them to details band.

thanks  @hozawa I am displaying data in tabular form having headers and then details value below them. As by changing orientation the width of report gets increased on the righth side and the column are still on the same position relative to  x and y positions. or may be i didn't get what you were trying to say.

I have already  text fields in details band. and I want these values to get right align always regardless of orientation.

Hello Rishi,

The short answer is no.

JasperReports library is focused on creating pixel-perfect reports and for the most part it requires going in and configuring positioning of elements manually. Jaspersoft Studio does perform auto-alignment for some operations (like when you add multiple new fields to a Detail band in one operation). However not when page layout is changed from Portrait to Landscape or vice verse there is no auto-alignment. This is most likely because report design can be quite complex and in a lot of cases engine would not know how to auto align elements properly.