We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Help with Jasper 6 on Tomcat 7 Ubuntu 14.04

jjenkins
Go to solution Solved by plambert_1,

HI All,

I'm going throught the steps to install Jasper Report Server and running into some trouble.

I've gotten to the very end of the process but it seems I've done something wrong.

A few basics:

Ubuntu: 14.04
Tomcat (from package) - Version 7
JasperServer 6.2
Java: Oracle 7
MariaDB: With Mysql JDBC

Basically, I can run the buildmatic install routine and it appears to install jasperserver to the tomcat directory but I never see JasperServer even show up in my Tomcat Application Manager.  I connect to the database and build the tables.

Here is the tail end of my instal shell script:

deploy-webapp-datasource-configs:     [echo]      [echo] Property values (in app-server.xml: deploy-webapp):     [echo]  jsEdition = ce     [echo]  warFileDistSourceDir = /home/ubuntu/jasperreports-server-cp-6.2.0-bin/buildomatic/../jasperserver.war     [echo]  warTargetDir = /usr/share/tomcat7/webapps/jasperserver     [echo]  webAppName = jasperserver     [echo]  webAppNameCE = jasperserver     [echo]  webAppNamePro = jasperserver-pro     [echo]  webAppNameSrc = jasperserver     [echo]  webAppNameDel = jasperserver     [echo]  warTargetDirDel = /usr/share/tomcat7/webapps/jasperserver     [copy] Copying 8 files to /usr/share/tomcat7/webapps/jasperserverdeploy-webapp-ce:install-minimal-ce:     [echo] Installation successfully completed!BUILD SUCCESSFULTotal time: 2 minutes 47 secondsChecking Ant return code: OK[/code]

/var/log/tomcat/catalina.out shows no mention of Jasper Server!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As it turns out, we have 2 different directories to appeared to be Tomcat installs.

/var/lib/tomcat7[/code]

and

/usr/share/tomcat7/[/code]

Both had webapps directories but only the first one seemed to work.

Not sure how we managed to create two similar directories, we installed Tomcat from package.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Solution

It is in the documentation, when you use the package manager to install Tomcat you need to define in the default_master.properties file of the buildomatic the following : 

# Tomcat app server root dir
# appServerDir = C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 7.0
# appServerDir = /home/devuser/apache-tomcat-7.0.26
# if linux package managed tomcat instance, set two properties below
CATALINA_HOME = /usr/share/tomcat6
CATALINA_BASE = /var/lib/tomcat6