We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Exporting database, import in existing database

robbert.oomen

Hi all, 

I am new to Jaspersoft, but thrown into the deep immediatly. My company has 2 seperate Jaspersoft servers and because of the age and stability of the oldest one we need to migrate all reports/data/sources over to the newer server. On the older server, there is Jasper 5.2.0, on the newer is Jasper 6.0.1. What I want to do is make an export/dump from the older servers database and import it into the newer one, which has the same users setup but with reports/data/sources of its own. 

Would I be able to do this with a backup from pgAdmin3 and then importing it again with the same tool on the newer server? 

If anyone has any better suggestions on how to do this, please let me know.Im open to anything really. 

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You won't be able to use database export/import. You'll need to do export/import from your JasperReports Server. However, export/import only works between same version/revision of JasperReports Server so you'll need to upgrade your 5.2.0 server. If you are still going to be using it, create another instance of JasperReports Server to work with.

Following page contains information on how to do an upgrade. It's for an upgrade to 6.2.0 but the basic process should be the same. Be sure to backup everything because upgrade may not be so simple especially if there is some modification.

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-upgrade-guide/v62/upgrading-37-61-62

See the following page on how to do export/import

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-administration-guide/v550/import-and-export-through-web-ui