We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Apache Drill and JasperSoft

cbarrientos
Go to solution Solved by marianol,

Hi there,

I've been working on a BI solution for a project in my company, the project has its storage at a MongoDB database, so I've read a lot of jasperserver and it seems to have the tools that I need, but the data in the project has a lot of relations between collections in mongodb, so, when I try to do a report on Jasper, the amount of populates (Relations) I have to do in a mongo query is absurd, so, I've looking for other tools that help me get the data from the mongoDB easily, I also try to implement REST services from my project, but Jasperserver doesn't support JSON rest services, and, the last thing I have, is get the data using Apache Drill, but using the JDBC driver I got an "Cannot get a connection, pool exhausted" Exception, I checked the config and it seems to be ok, also I create queries to test Drill and it works fine.

Am I missing something with jasperserver?

Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

On Jaspersoft 6.1.1 we updated the mongoDB JDBC Drivers is that the version you are using? You can download a free trial form here: http://www.jaspersoft.com/four-ways-test-drive-jaspersoft-bi-software get the 30 day download.

Remember that Jaspersoft has 2 Mongo Conectors a JDBC one that allows you to use Domains and use Mongo build relations between collections (looks like that is the one you need) and a Native connector that allows you to do native mongo queries. See all the info on both here: http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jasperreports-server-administration-guide/v611/mongodb-data-sources

If you want to report on RESTful API's you should try our Community WebServices Datasource that allows you to report on JSON or XML Restful Web Services.

Regarding Apache Drill, I have seen it use with jaspersoft a while back, I will check the error, from experience the "pool exausted" error normally comes with JDBC driver issues (i.e. driver not fully implements all the JDBC API), I remmeber running into that with old HIVE/Thrift drivers.
Sometimes fixed by using a JNDI connection (pool managed by tomcat) than a JDBC one. 

• 5 months later...