We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how to refer a text field with formula in another text field

prakash.reddy
Go to solution Solved by marianol,

I'm new to Jasper Reports and I'm using iReport 5.6.0

I have a requirement where there is textfield1 with calculations and then I need to add another textfield2 based on the result of the textfield1. How to refer it? Can any of you plz help me.

Also another question is I have an Excel Report with multiple calculations. I want to build a report with all formulas in Jasper Report. How can I use formulas like IFERROR(A5/A4,0) or  

IFERROR((ABS(($L5-$Q5)-0))/SQRT((((($H5*$L5)+($O5*$Q5))/($H5+$O5))*(1-((($H5*$L5)+($O5*$Q5))/($H5+$O5)))*((1/$H5)+(1/$O5)))),"NA")

Thanks

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

You will need to use Variables for your calculations, and then just print the variables on the text fields. You cannot refer to the "output" of a textfield from another text field since those elements are mainly "printable" elements.

But you can refer form one variable to the other. Is important to note that the variables are executed in the order you see them in the report outline, do if VAR_1 uses values of MY_VAR then in the outline MY_VAR has to be listed before VAR_1

As a side note, you should move to JasperSoft Studio which has replaced iReport; iReport is no longer actively developed and will reach EOL at the end of this year.

See the JSS guide on how to work with variables http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/tibco-jaspersoft-studio-user-guide/v60/variables
and also this likes with is based on iReport http://community.jaspersoft.com/wiki/using-report-variables