Dataset Context ??

mm972

Hi All,
in Jasper Studio, I created 2 Report with Table using DATASET
but i don't know why,  only in the second Report , when I open the EXPRESSION EDITOR, i view the DATASET under the FIELDS and Variables Context (see image)
i how is possible to use the Dataset variable in the first report???? 
is possible to change the context or i wrong something when i Create the Report..??

thanks in advance
Max

Difference(1).png.1c247fce03b98f8ec2fd2510ac94d3e9.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,
indeed there could be places where the expression context is wrong. If you find these open a bug in the dedicated tracker.

Anyhow since you not detailed well the exact steps you took, I can only assume from your second screenshot that you opened the expression editor trying to modify the expression associated to a conditional style. This is one of the cases where it is possible to see all fields/params/etc. related to the whole report datasets. That's the reason why you get this "special" visualization.

Regards,
Massimo.

Ciao Massimo,

dal tuo profilo presumo che sia Italiano anche tu, anche io mi chiamo Massimo,

volevo specificare che nel dettaglio le visualizzazioni si riferiscono a 2 Report diversi creati in modo diverso uno dall'altro, visto che sono alle prime armi con Jasper Studio, non mi è ancora molto chiaro il contesto delle variabili e dei campi, come mai in un report posso accedere ai campi e alle variabili sia del MAIN DATASET che di quello creato successivamente, mentre nell'altro sembra che pur avendo i DATASET nel report non sono utilizzabili i campi nell'Expression Editor..?? sbaglio qualcosa quando creo il report???

Grazie Massimo

Hi Massimo,

yes I'm Italian too. But please keep writing in English so also other people can benefit from this discussion ;-)

About the expression context it depends on where you are opening the editor and for example which dataset is associated to a specific component. When you create a table or a chart with a specific dataset associated it's pretty normal to see during its configuration the expression editor opening with the specific dataset context.

From what you wrote, I suppose you never used iReport too, because the expression context and variables/fields/parameters visibility works the same. If you are a newbie with JasperReports and Jaspersoft Studio, please consider to give a look to the tutorial sections and user guides. This will help you understand how to properly create reports depending on your needs.

After that if you face a possible bug, feel free to use the tracker to open a dedicated issue.

Regards,

Massimo.