We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Deployment of reports from development to customer

michael.kolowicz

I have installed JasperReports Server to manage all the reports of my different applications. All my applications have a own subdirectory with datasources, resources and reports on JRS.

Now I want to deploy the reports to a customer. They use only ONE of my application - so i only need one directory with all subitems

What i the best way to deploy Reports von Server to Server - where can I find a fine soulution and description. Is it possible to "extract" some files to a ZIP and import them on a different server?

Thanks for this important help

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a commercial version, you can create an organization "customer" to keep track of what you customer have.

If you have a community version, be aware that exported resources are imported to the same folder.

It's possible to "export" folder and reports. Just click a folder/report in from repository browser and select "export" from the popup menu.

If you only have one JasperReports Server to service both development and customer, you can setup permission on folders.

Consult JasperReports Administration Guide and User Guide for detailed information:

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation?version=12873