Complex queries with function calls shows error in Query editor dialog : Jasper 5.6.0 in Jaspersoft studio

AnnMary.Thomas
Go to solution Solved by hozawa,

I am using the latestJaspersoft 5.6.0 studio. I have reports with complex queries involving function calls joinswith + symbol etc.

So when I am putting such queries in the query editor dialog it shows errors. The Language selected is SQL. I tried setting the language as PL/SQL also. But still it gives errors. Earlier I was working with ireport 4.0 and the queries used to work fine.

Please give feedback

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My own experience has shown that the query editor in JSS (5.5 and 5.6) has a tendency to show numerous false positive query errors. Sometimes even a space character can cause an error to fire.

I'd recommend that you use a dedicated query tool such as Microsoft SQL Management Studio (Express version is a free download) or various online options. I've used these many times as a "tie breaker" to determine the legitimacy of JSS query errors. 

• Solution

Just use SQL editor for the database you're using (e.g. SQL Plus) to check SQL syntax.

If you encounter an error with Studio, just create a bug report at Tracker to get the Studio fixed. Until it gets fixed, just ignore the error messages.

That's what I do.