We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

How to deploy reports developed in iReport to Prod Servers

vspn

Hi,

I am new to iReport development. I would like to know what steps should be followed to deploy reportdeveloped in iReport to production servers. Should we install JasperReports Server in the prod servers to run the report or can we execute the reports without that? 

If we need JasperReports Server, which version should we install for iReport 4.7.1?

What are the steps which we should take care while deploying?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are going to use JasperReports in a web environment, install JasperReports Server. You'll be able to deploy reports developed with iReport by clicking the save to server icon.

You'll have to upgrade your iReport to 5.6 so you'll be able to upload report to JasperReports Server 5.6.0 or download to 4.2.1 to user JasperReports Server 4.2.1.

• 3 months later...
I know this is a newbie question but I haven't been able to find documentation to answer it. You said "If you are going to use JasperReports in a web environment, install JasperReports Server." My question is WHERE should JasperServer be installed? On the web-hosting server, or on a local machine (configured to 'talk to' the web-server)? Thanks in advance!!