We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Running JasperServer in Tomcat 8.0.8

cjturner

I have installed JasperServer Community Ed., (v5.5.0a 64bit on WIn 2008), and my security people are complaining about vulnerabilities in Tomcat supplied.  I downloaded Tomcat 8.0.8 and have attempted to run JasperServer in that, copying all of the configurations and files as needed.  JasperServer fails on startup, with an error apparently in the ESAPI security module.  Has anyone gotten JasperServer (5.5.0a) to run on Tomcat 8.0.8?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that Tomcat 8 has not yet been "certified" by the Jaspersoft QA team. Certification means that all features of the product are fully tested and additionally the app server is tested when running with multiple databases and under multiple operation system platforms.

It is not unusual for a new major version of an app server to have some little "gotcha" that will keep JasperReports Server from starting cleanly. Often it is something small like a conflict with Java jar versions used. Like if the app server itself uses a newer version of something like an XML parsing component like xerces-api (as a for instance). I'm not sure what the timeline is to include Tomcat 8 into the certification list.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...