Changes to the Jaspersoft community edition download ×

Writing a dataadapter plugin won't work

rudolfweber2

Hi,

I currently working on an project, implementing a dataadpter to connect to our server, fetching data and displaying them inside jasperstudio. The implementation looks pretty much the same as the com.jaspersoft.studio.data.hive plugin. The only difference I see, is that the DataAdapterImpl.xml is inside my plugin.

After debugging i found out, that the following line could not found the DataAdapterImpl.xml inside my plugin.

mis = JRLoader.getLocationInputStream(mappingFile);

Because it could not be found it throws the following exception

Caused by: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRRuntimeException: org.exolab.castor.mapping.MappingException: Nested error: org.exolab.castor.xml.MarshalException
at net.sf.jasperreports.util.CastorUtil.write(CastorUtil.java:378)
at net.sf.jasperreports.util.CastorUtil.write(CastorUtil.java:336)
at net.sf.jasperreports.util.CastorUtil.write(CastorUtil.java:516)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.DataAdapterDescriptor.toXml(DataAdapterDescriptor.java:90)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.DataAdapterManager.cloneDataAdapter(DataAdapterManager.java:185)
at com.jaspersoft.studio.data.wizard.DataAdapterWizard.createPageControls(DataAdapterWizard.java:75)
at org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.createPageControls(WizardDialog.java:736)

Is this a classpath problem? Maybe i have to use an extensionpoint somehow?

Thanks for the help

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am working on the same, but did not have a DataAdapterImpl.xml in my jar, so thank you for the tip. I have not re-tested yet.

I wonder if it could be your 
PLUGIN_ID in your Activator class. This should be your code package name. I had quite a bit of troubles getting the icon to show on my New Data Adapter Dialog, it was the plugin id, as it is used to find the root path to icons. Perhaps the same with the DataAdapterImpl.xml.

Make sure that your jasperreports_extension.properties has a line like:

net.sf.jasperreports.extension.repository.castor.mapping.mongodb=com/jaspersoft/mongodb/adapter/MongoDbDataAdapterImpl.xml

Seems it must get the path from that file.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

im fightend the Same Issue at the Moment.

I wonder if you succeeded.  From my debugging it looks like the Hbase pluging gets the file IS via classloading (context loader). 

I'm still testing why my plugin doesn't succeed. File name and path looking good, but the ContextClassloader doesn't see the file. My eclipse Plattform coding is a bit rusty so I don't remember the exact architecture of the Classloader Architecture, something I need to do some relase arch on I think

stefan

Hi All,

in case this still matters. I found the tricky Bit :-)

To enable classloading to see the mappin.xml ressource what you'd need to do is to add a Buddy registration to your plugin/Manifest file

Eclipse-BuddyPolicy: registered

Eclipse-RegisterBuddy: com.jaspersoft.studio.data

This one did the trick for me :-)

Stefan