JasperServer 5.5.0 truncates text

alexey_1

JasperReports Server of v. 5.5.0(I use it on Linux x64) truncates values both in column names and in detail. I can not understand it's logic, because text length is different in different cases. The language in Reports is Russian. (net.sf.jasperreports.text.truncate.at.char=false, net.sf.jasperreports.print.keep.full.text = true)

The fact is, I made a report in JasperSoft Studio 5.5.2 and it works there normal (it means, that my postgreSQL data base gives the report full values) without any truncation, but the same report published to the server provides truncated values. I don't want to use Stretch With Overflow property, because some of my values are too long and the report will be looking bad. (#3609 issue)

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I know this post is old, but I'm posting in case anyone comes across the same problem.

If you set the property "net.sf.jasperreports.print.keep.full.text = true"  for the report, it will work in Jasper Studio, but not on the server (v5.5). This is probably a bug.

You need to set the same property to true for each individual field of the report before uploading. Doing that will prevent truncation if you export from the server to Excel for example.