We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

JasperServer Installation in Eclipse for client-server application

rajesh.majoju

Hi ...

We are stugling ...

Please help us by providing proper solution. 

We are implementing an web-application. So as a need the end user or the client should allowed to view the reports and download them. 

We are trying to use Jasper Reports. The problem comes here is we are unable to run jasper server in eclise. We tried .exe , .war deployement and even source code bundle. But we are getting prolems and we failed.

Please suggest a step-by-step procedure to solve this probelm.

If you require i will provoid more information about my probelm. 

Thanks in advance

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am new jasper server.

Please tell me how come we can install jasperRepots server and deployment. We are working in a web app. If the reports are deployed at tomcat, can the client at hosted system will able to view the reports from server system and can he download them at hosted system. Please suggest some useful solution,

Thanks.

hi..

am using jaspersoft studio as an eclipse plugin to generate reports using JRBeanCollectionDataSource in linux. i have installed jasper server as .war file in eclipse but could not run both the instances of jasper server and eclipse tomcat at same time. can someone suggest me a way to do this...Thanks.

Are you adding your codes to the Jaspersoft Server's war directory? If so, that's not wise because you won't be able to upgrade Jaspersoft Server.

If not, can't you just setup a remote Jaspersoft Server to run outside eclipse because you won't be needing to program it. You can just deploy the war's after you've finished development.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Hozawa ... We are implementing a web application. We require jasper report to view at client machine whenever client accesss the server.

Can you suggest how jasperserver will integrate with web application. We are using Eclipse to develop the web application.

Urgent need.