We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Ad Hoc Query Timeout (seconds) is not working

mastanraosegu
Go to solution Solved by marianol,

Ad Hoc Query Timeout (seconds)     IS NOT WORKING Please any one can help me

Iam created Topic using Ireport.That topic Generate the ad hoc and Report.

After That Iam running a report if data is there the report will come with data .then I change the data in data base that changes not effecting to report .Because in Adhoc Cache is there. If i remove the ad hoc that particular query cache.

that changes are effcting to the report.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What version of JasperServer are you using?

Can you explain the problem a bit more. i.e.: you set a timeout if 300 seconds and then send a query that takes more than that (say 400 seconds to respond) and the query goes trough and you do not get any errors in the screen or the log?

Are you using domains or topics?

Can you add a screenshot of your adhoc settings and also your adhoc cache screens?

• Solution

I get it now. Just to be clear, the Ahdoc Query Time out setting in the UI has to do with the time Adhoc will wait for a query to be executed before triggering a timout error. That has nothing to do with the Adhoc Cache Time To Leave and Time to Eviction.

What is happening is that the query you sent to adhoc is cached and until that cache is evicted you will not see any changes in the report. Because Jasperserver will not go back to the database to fetch new data.

What you need to do is to change the default settings of the Adhoc Cache which is configured by the <apache-tomcat>/webapps/jasperserver-pro/WEB-INF/adhoc-ehcache.xml file, you will find information about this in the Jasperreports Server Administration Guide under System Configuration -> Configure Adhoc

best,

MarianoL