We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Using Hyperlink Type ReportExecution in JasperServer

All I want to do is create a Drill down report from say report "one" to report "two"

I can't find ANY Documentation or examples on how to use Hyperlink Type ReportExecution for Jasperserver

It all seems straight forward but it doesn't work (parameters aren't sent through)

HOW ITS CURRENTLY SETUP:

Target is set to "Self" Type is set to "ReportExecution"

In reference tab I have correct link (it links to drill-down report successfully)

"./flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=%2FNWU%2FStudentInformation%2FCurriculumManagement%2FAPQIBI005drill"

Anchor and page tab is empty (have no Idea what to put here since I cant find any Docs on it)

Link parameters have values in that should work but aren't (double checked everything here many times)

campusAndFaculty | $P{campusAndFaculty}campus           | $F{cn_campusname.cn_campusid}

Tooltip Tab is empty

What am I doing wrong ? why aren't the params being sent through ?

NOTE:
Using Jasperserver-pro 5.0.1 & Using iReport 5.0.0

I also know of the sample report (/Reports/Samples/Employee List report.),but our server doesn't have any sample reports

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

See my screen dump of what you need to set.

There is a parameter that is key to drilldown working called _report, simply feed it your reports location as like my example.

Then add your parameters to pass like my example and it should work.

Hope this helps you out.

Guess you can't see the screen dump i uploaded?

param name: _report

expression example: "/System/Performance_Reports/Performance_Report_Low_Level"

So in your case it would be "Root/NWU/CurriculumManagement/APD5/[iNSERT REPORT NAME HERE]"

I just tested and works fine.

when you get the drill down url it should look something like this when it's passing multiples.

If you url doesnt look like that, then the problem is with your hyperlink setup somewhere. perhaps share your jrxml if you cant work it out

http://jasper.btci.com/reporting/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=%2FDevelopment%2FDRILLTO&collection=A&collection=B&collection=C&_eventId_drillReport=&_flowExecutionKey=e11s2&reportLocale=en_US

• 2 years later...

In _report parameter I can feed the report url but what if i want to give rest v2 url of that report for example,

http://:/jasperserver[-pro]/rest_v2/reports/

path/to/report.?

Other paramters we pass can act as arguments but how do i give the url? Any solution?

Thanks.