We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Direct Link to a Report on JasperServer

andrew.rossignol
Go to solution Solved by ajinkya_c,

I would like to create a direct link to a report that is run on JasperServer from another web application. I was successful in doing this with a report that requires no parameters. When I created a report that requires an input parameter I always get stopped at the input controls screen.

Here is my URL. The report accepts ShipmentId which is populated in the textbox after the page loads.

http://flint:8081/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=/reports/Shipment_ID_Tag&ShipmentId=17&j_username=jasperadmin&j_password=jasperadmin&output=pdf[/code]

Any help would be much appreciated.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

Hi,

When you pass parameter from url and then you get input control page with all input control fill with url passed parameter.

I think  you should set all parameters optional or unchek prompt property by edit report input control. so that no need to click on apply button.

Try this may helpful.

Regards

Ajinkya

Thanks for the tip. The solution was to uncheck the "Visible" checkbox on the server input parameter. This has the side effect of never showing the input parameter (even if the user is running the report from within the JasperServer UI) but I can live with this caveat. If this ends up being a report that is run manually I will create a second copy of it and change the input variable options accordingly.