We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Jasper Reports Server Community License?

ethnarch
Go to solution Solved by mgeise,

What are the open source licensing options for the Jasper Reports Server Community edition?

I see on the page it says GPL, but then in the source code directory there are 3 license files(GPL, MIT, and GPL-installer)

So is it dual licensed under GPL and MIT?

Also is there a definitive link somewhere that defines these licenses in more detail.  The jasper site as far as I can see does not even list the versions for instance which version of GPL does the server use and which version of LGPL does the Jasper Reports Library use.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Solution

JasperReports Library is offered under the LGPLv3 license

JasperReports Server, iReport, and Jaspersoft Studio are offered under the AGPLv3 license

Many of the licenses included in the source are included as part of the requirements of open source components within JasperReports Server, etc.  It is not dual licensed other than Jaspersoft also offers a commercial license for paying customers.

Thank you and might I give a suggestion to update the site to display this information as well. I was not able to find the versions for LGPL or GPL which is why I had to go to the source code in the first place.

It's also quite misleading that the Reporting Server is listed as GPL when in fact it is AGPL that's a big difference depending on the use case. Never looks good when you argue that the GPL is workable and then later find out it's AGPL.

• 10 months later...