repeating a section and repeating data in a section of a single report

evanspaiva

Need assistance in the below scenarios for repeating data.

A) Repeating section for every row of data

---------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|

field1                  |                                     field2                        |        field3                                     |

---------------------|--------------------------------------------------------|-------------------------------------------|

B) Repeat data in a single section

A                                                     X                                                               1

B                                                     Y                                                               2

C                                                     Z                                                               3

The data comes from the application and the above format needs to be generated in a single report.

Please suggest approach for the same.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm your approach for solution (A). I have attached the template of my report.

See page (3) - I need the section starting sub header (A) to (F).

The problem i am facing is for every row of data, the entire report iterates rather than page (3) section only.

Same issue for solution (B)on page (4).

Word doc is attached to the question post.

I can't able to understand your requirement.

Just explain the how group band working.

When you add group band you have to set group expression for that group. Then whatever you put in group footer it repeats for each row of the group expression. So if you want to see the data reapeted in group footer related to that perticular row then your query should sync with the group band. So it filter data related to each row of group field.

Ajinkya, thanks for your time. I will try once explaining the requirement.

If you refer to demo_report.docx attachment enclosed as a part of my first post. This the layout which will be part of the final report.

Page 2 - No repeatation of data

Page 3 - The Layout has to appear for each row of data

Page 4 - Multiple rows in a single table.

All the data comes from application not from database.

Hence i am not sure the concept of grouping could work here.

Please suggest.

• 2 weeks later...