We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

Issues after upgrade to 4.5.0

pumaking

Hi,

I recently upgraded to 4.5.0 (from 4.0.0) and I found two issues that 4.0.0 didn't have:

1. I schedule some reports. For many of them I have a schedule which mails the reports at a specific time. For those I set the option to skip empty reports. Now after the upgrade to 4.5.0 I get some empty reports via email. Before, 4.0.0 skipped those. 
  2. The second one requires a bit more explanation:
    We use an external program on our clients that directly opens Internet Explorer with a URL as parameter to open a specific report as PDF. Before this worked without a problem. 
    Here are the details:
    This is the URL that IE opens:
    http://jasperserver:8080/jasperserver/flow.html?_flowId=viewReportFlow&reportUnit=/deparmtent/report&j_username=xxx&j_password=xxx&decorate=no&articleno=378402640010&company=xxx&sparepart=0&output=pdf

With that one, I get the error that I attached as file.
    The problem relates to the article number. When I have an article number that is not a number (e.g. 4668.01.64.0000) then it works without a problem.
    The second weird thing is that when I run the report from the webinterface manually with e.g ' 378402640010' the report runs without problems. 
    I already tried setting the article number in ' or " but that also doesn't work.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On #1, do you get all of the blank reports by email? If so, it may be a defect - log it in the tracker.  If not, If the main query is returning data to the report, you will get the report even if you have logic in the report that does not display the data.

On #2, the error you attached does not mesh with what your description says.  The error is saying that you are passing a number with .'s to generate a barcode and it is only allowing 0-9.

Yes, I get all scheduled reports that are blank. When I run of of these reports manually, they are empty. So it definitely has to be a bug. The problem is that the tracker seems to be offline at the moment...

OK, that helped me a bit. I removed the barcode and now I see the problem: When I pass the articleno that is a number then the report doesn't take it over. So only if I use an article no in the format 1111.22.33.4444 it works. As said, in the 4.0 version this worked also with the "number" articlenumbers. Do have another idea what I can do? I also tried to put the articleno in " and ' but that doesn't help either.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...