Upgrade Jasperserver 4.1 CE to 4.5 CE

savyn

Hello,  I have Jasper Server 4.1 and had some issue with export to excel field type to string.  I found with version 4.5 this is working and would like to upgrade from 4.1 to 4.5. 

The documentation explain about upgrade from 3.7 to 4.5.

My current 4.1 is on MySQL db and i belive 4.5 will be postgres.  What proceedure should I follow to upgrade to 4.5 (OS is ubuntu 10.04)

Many thanks

Savyn

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you. I actually installed 4.5 in parallel with 4.1 in a seperate directory and exported the repository and reimport into 4.5. So far everything is working well. I only have one error with a report which i am investigating

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.

Error Message

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.math.BigDecimal

Many thanks

Savyn

• 1 month later...

Hello Jaspersonians,

I'm also moving from 4.1 to 4.5 and when I try to import into 4.5 I get the following error:

opt/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0-bin/buildomatic$ sudo ./js-import.sh --help
Using CE setup
./bin/js-import-export.sh: 64: java: not found

Any ideas???

I'm running in paralell 4.1 and 4.5 for testing pourposes!! Best Regards.

M Guirao

Code:
opt/jasperreports-server-cp-4.5.0-bin/buildomatic$ sudo ./js-import.sh --helpUsing CE setup./bin/js-import-export.sh: 64: java: not found

1. JAVA_HOME should be set before running the commands

2. you can follow the Instruction in install guide to upgrade from 4.1 -> 4.5 -> the simple instruction you can use is

js-upgrade-samedb.sh

and it should be all good to upgrade to 4.5

thanks

Ramnik Kaur

Lead QA Engineer

• 4 weeks later...

I've faced this issue before: In Jasper4.5 you have to change some style expressions, because now it's Java who evaluate this instead of Groovy.

In this case, if you take a look at your report you'll probably find expressions like "0", which means "false" in Groovy. Now you'll have to encapsulate this with the expression "new Boolean(a==0)" (for example) in order to make it work. In other words, you'll have to cast all of those kind of expressions.

Hope this solve your problem. Greetings.

Thank you. I actually installed 4.5 in parallel with 4.1 in a seperate directory and exported the repository and reimport into 4.5. So far everything is working well. I only have one error with a report which i am investigating

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.
Error Message

java.lang.ClassCastException: java.lang.Integer cannot be cast to java.math.BigDecimal

Many thanks
Savyn

Post Edited by rpoillot at 03/27/2012 20:49