unable to install Jasper Reports on CentOS 6 - Help me please.....

nfz300zx

Ok i am trying to install Jasper Reports on my Centos 6 server but i keep failing. tried both 64 ans 32 bit and all end the same way.

Please wait while Setup installs JasperReports Server CP 4.2.1 on your computer.

Installing
 0% ______________ 50% ______________ 100%
 ########################################Warning: Problem running post-install step. Installation may not complete
correctly
 Error running /opt/jasperreports-server-cp-4.2.1/apache-ant/bin/ant import-ce
-DimportFile=install_resources/export/js-catalog :
BUILD FAILED
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-4.2.1/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:252: The
following error occurred while executing this line:
/opt/jasperreports-server-cp-4.2.1/buildomatic/bin/import-export.xml:158: Java
returned: 255

Total time: 34 seconds
Press [Enter] to continue :
#

Can someone please help? its driving me mad as been trying for a month to get this working.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to look at this bug. I think that I have reproduced the same issue on a centos install that I have. 

We have seen issues in the past where the "import" operation (ie adding jasperserver data/resources to the database) has failed when the /etc/hosts is not set up in a standard way on linux instances. The issue can be that "localhost" does not get resolved and then there is a failure - so you might take a look at your hosts file to see if anything looks unusual. 

Hi,

thanks for that, hosts file looks normal to me

[root@icinga ~]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

I'm more then happy to make changes to this if it helps or run any tests on this box. its not a live system and was installed just to try and get this working.

Hi, I would like to ask you about the specific error that you are getting (which can be seen in the <js-install>/installation.log). I can see from your error message posted to your message that it is the "import" operation that is failing.

For me, the import operation is also failing. However, the thing that is a little odd is that for me it is failing with CentOS 5.7 but it is *not* failing with CentOS 5.3. And yours is failing with CentOS 6.

So, there definitely seems to be something going on with newer versions of centos.

The error I'm getting on the import is that the loggingService is not initialized and so the loggingService bean reference is null. So, the import runtime spring initialization fails.

buildomatic/conf_source/iePro/applicationContext-report-scheduling.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean 'loggingService' while setting bean property 'schedulerContextAsMap' with key [TypedStringValue: value [loggingService], target type [null]]; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCurrentlyInCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'loggingService': org.springframework.beans.factory.FactoryBeanNotInitializedException

I am attaching the whole stack trace (which ends up a few pages long actually - but mostly just says the same thing over again).

I might be able to create a postgresql db-dump file for you so that you can simply load the data into you database (and skip having to do the import).

Thanks for the help so far, i'm not sure what it failed on but attached is the install log.

The server is a standard centos 6 install, with absolutly nothing changed on it. from the install log i see something reporting issues with the database but not sure if thats a red herring.

Although your issue is not related to JasperReports, I advise you to check SELinux.

SELinux is a security extension of CentOS that should provide extended security. It usually causes more problems than advantages (think of it after you have done a week of trouble-shooting because some service wasn't working as expected, and then you find out that everything was ok, only SELinux was causing the problem).

Solution: You should disable SELinux by editing the /etc/sysconfig/selinux configuration file. By default, it will have a line that says SELINUX=enforcing. Change that to read SELINUX=disabled. Reboot to make the change take effect.

References:

http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect-server-centos-6.0-x86_64-ispconfig-3-p3

http://diznix.com/2011/07/12/an-apache-server-on-centos-6/

Good that you found the hostname issue and fixed it. There is an item in the Install Guide Troubleshooting section that has some info on this.

Now that you have a 404 error, there is probably a tomcat startup error. So you can look in the tomcat logs (and post them) and see what is going on.

By the way, postgresql and tomcat can be started separately by:

(first clear the tomcat logs)

cd <js-install>

./ctlscript.sh postgresql start

(see that postgres looks good).

./ctrscript.sh tomcat start

(then look at the tomcat logs and see what can be seen)

Hi people, thanks so much for your help so far. i now have it all up and working really well now apart from one issue. not sure if you can help but when i try and run some reports on data in the database i get the following errors.

The server has encountered an error. Please excuse the inconvenience.
Error Message

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: Error executing SQL statement for : Service notification report
Error Trace

com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.JSExceptionWrapper: net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for : Service notification report at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:207) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.util.JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRTimezoneJdbcQueryExecuter.java:161) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.createQueryDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:731) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFillDataset.initDatasource(JRFillDataset.java:629) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.setParameters(JRBaseFiller.java:1238) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRBaseFiller.fill(JRBaseFiller.java:869) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.fill.JRFiller.fillReport(JRFiller.java:118) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JasperFillManager.fillReport(JasperFillManager.java:435) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:773) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:731) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.fillReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:389) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.executeReport(EngineServiceImpl.java:890) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.domain.impl.ReportUnitRequest.execute(ReportUnitRequest.java:57) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.engine.jasperreports.service.impl.EngineServiceImpl.execute(EngineServiceImpl.java:320) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction.executeReport(ViewReportAction.java:495) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction.executeReport(ViewReportAction.java:485) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.action.ViewReportAction.runReport(ViewReportAction.java:318) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at org.springframework.webflow.action.DispatchMethodInvoker.invoke(DispatchMethodInvoker.java:98) at org.springframework.webflow.action.MultiAction.doExecute(MultiAction.java:123) at org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:188) at org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:51) at org.springframework.webflow.action.EvaluateAction.doExecute(EvaluateAction.java:79) at org.springframework.webflow.action.AbstractAction.execute(AbstractAction.java:188) at org.springframework.webflow.execution.AnnotatedAction.execute(AnnotatedAction.java:145) at org.springframework.webflow.execution.ActionExecutor.execute(ActionExecutor.java:51) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionState.doEnter(ActionState.java:101) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:194) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition.execute(Transition.java:227) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.execute(FlowExecutionImpl.java:391) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.execute(RequestControlContextImpl.java:214) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.TransitionableState.handleEvent(TransitionableState.java:119) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.handleEvent(Flow.java:555) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.handleEvent(FlowExecutionImpl.java:386) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.handleEvent(RequestControlContextImpl.java:210) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ActionState.doEnter(ActionState.java:105) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.State.enter(State.java:194) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Transition.execute(Transition.java:227) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.execute(FlowExecutionImpl.java:391) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.execute(RequestControlContextImpl.java:214) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.handleEvent(Flow.java:560) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.handleEvent(FlowExecutionImpl.java:386) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.RequestControlContextImpl.handleEvent(RequestControlContextImpl.java:210) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.handleEvent(ViewState.java:230) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.ViewState.resume(ViewState.java:196) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.Flow.resume(Flow.java:545) at org.springframework.webflow.engine.impl.FlowExecutionImpl.resume(FlowExecutionImpl.java:259) at org.springframework.webflow.executor.FlowExecutorImpl.resumeExecution(FlowExecutorImpl.java:163) at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor133.invoke(Unknown Source) at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43) at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616) at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:307) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:182) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:149) at org.springframework.security.intercept.method.aopalliance.MethodSecurityInterceptor.invoke(MethodSecurityInterceptor.java:66) at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:171) at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:204) at $Proxy17.resumeExecution(Unknown Source) at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.servlet.FlowHandlerAdapter.handle(FlowHandlerAdapter.java:183) at org.springframework.webflow.mvc.servlet.FlowController.handleRequest(FlowController.java:174) at org.springframework.web.servlet.mvc.SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.handle(SimpleControllerHandlerAdapter.java:48) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doDispatch(DispatcherServlet.java:875) at org.springframework.web.servlet.DispatcherServlet.doService(DispatcherServlet.java:807) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.processRequest(FrameworkServlet.java:571) at org.springframework.web.servlet.FrameworkServlet.doPost(FrameworkServlet.java:511) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637) at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:717) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.common.UploadMultipartFilter.doFilter(UploadMultipartFilter.java:83) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:394) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.security.IPadSupportFilter.doFilter(IPadSupportFilter.java:77) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.security.JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(JSSwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:154) at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:109) at org.springframework.security.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:83) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilterHttp(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:101) at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:105) at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.metadata.user.service.impl.MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.doFilter(MetadataAuthenticationProcessingFilter.java:139) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:97) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(BasicProcessingFilter.java:174) at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:184) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilterHttp(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:278) at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.UserPreferencesFilter.doFilter(UserPreferencesFilter.java:184) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.api.logging.filter.BasicLoggingFilter.doFilter(BasicLoggingFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilterHttp(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:235) at org.springframework.security.ui.SpringSecurityFilter.doFilter(SpringSecurityFilter.java:53) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:406) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:185) at org.springframework.security.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:99) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.war.util.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilter(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:67) at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.invokeDelegate(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:236) at org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy.doFilter(DelegatingFilterProxy.java:167) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235) at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:233) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191) at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:558) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127) at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102) at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109) at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:298) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:857) at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:588) at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:489) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679) Caused by: org.postgresql.util.PSQLException: ERROR: LIMIT #,# syntax is not supported Hint: Use separate LIMIT and OFFSET clauses. Position: 41 at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.receiveErrorResponse(QueryExecutorImpl.java:2102) at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.processResults(QueryExecutorImpl.java:1835) at org.postgresql.core.v3.QueryExecutorImpl.execute(QueryExecutorImpl.java:257) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.execute(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:500) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeWithFlags(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:388) at org.postgresql.jdbc2.AbstractJdbc2Statement.executeQuery(AbstractJdbc2Statement.java:273) at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingPreparedStatement.executeQuery(DelegatingPreparedStatement.java:92) at net.sf.jasperreports.engine.query.JRJdbcQueryExecuter.createDatasource(JRJdbcQueryExecuter.java:201) ... 128 more
Error Message

net.sf.jasperreports.engine.JRException: Error executing SQL statement for : Service notification report

Unfortunatly i really dont know java and this is the first time i have uses postgres.

• 2 weeks later...

The "java returned 255" is a generic message (I think) from Ant that indicates something else went wrong.

In my case, the installation.log showed the details:

[java] 2012-01-05 14:51:04,455 ERROR BaseExportImportCommand:45 - org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'sessionFactory' defined in file [/home/itscum/bin/jasperreports-server-cp-4.1.0/buildomatic/conf_source/ieCe/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is net.sf.ehcache.CacheException: aclCacheCache: Could not create disk store. Initial cause was /tmp/ehcache/aclCache.data (Permission denied)

Looking at /tmp/ehcache, the files in the directory were all owned by root.  I was an unprivileged user, when attempting the install of JasperReports Server 4.1 (the one where you don't have to be root).  On that machine, I had previously installed 4.2.1 (the one where you do have to be root), and perhaps these files were left over?   Any case: deleting them, uninstalling and re-installing worked for me.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...

This is an old thread but in case any body else sees this, I'm posting a resolution.

The problem is with the network setup. If the server is not setup to connect to a DNS, each server on the same network segment has to be entered in the "/etc/hosts" file. Also, if there is no route, route also have to be manually setup.

http://community.jaspersoft.com/documentation/jasperreports-server-install-guide/v561/linux-installer-issue-unknown-host-error