Complications with subreport.

phnxck

Hi,

I would like to create main report, that will have subreport in his detail band. I want this subreport to be repeated as many times as I have elements in data source of the main report. Moreover I would like this subreport to display different values. It consists of some parameters and dynamic list components.

The question is, how to create this whole data flow. I mean I would have in main report data source as a collection of Java Beans. Each bean should reporesent data source per each sub report (single parameters as well as lists). How should I inject in each subreport data that comes from one of the main report data source Java Bean collection?

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You set how to provide the data to the subreport (read: you set the data source to be passed to the subreport) in the subreport element, in the property Data Source Expression, which in your case will be something like:

$F{hobbiesDs}

Assuming your bean has a method called getHobbiesDs which returns a JRDataSource and that you registered this method as field in the main report dataset.

Giulio