We've recently updated our Privacy Statement, available here ×

how do I specify the type of the values in a select list input control?

itchytoes

Hi --

I'm a long time user of Jasperreports, but this is my first venture into JasperServer.

I wish to use a multi-selection list of values for an input control.   My values are numbers (e.g. 1, 2,3..)

I want the Collection that gets submitted to the report parameters to be a list of numbers, but it seems like they get sent as String values.    I am having a  postresql issue with comparing a smallint column to these values, and I think it's because they are Strings.

How do I specify what the types of the values are that get sent to the parameter collection?

Thanks

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't.

It seems like a bug to me. Maybe it will be considered an enhancement request... but it's not very nice. Please log it in the tracker.

I think for a workaround you'll need to have your report treat these as Strings. For example, I had a report with a Text Element of type Integer with this expression to simply display an element from the Collection:

$P{parameter1}.toArray()[0]

It worked fine in iReport and in JasperReports Server. But it fails after I add an input control. The input control's query returns Integers in theory... but JRS seems to convert them to Strings. I can work around it by explicitly converting the Collection elements to Strings and then to Integers:

Integer.valueOf($P{parameter1}.toArray()[0].toString())

Ugly, eh? When the report runs in iReport is converts the Integer to a String then does a valueOf call to turn it back into an Integer. When the report runs in JRS it "converts" the String to a String and then valueOf does it's Integer magic. Oh well.

Regards,
Matt

Hi --

Thanks for the reply. I was able to work around it in my query by doing a cast to a "char" for the column in question,and then the $X{IN,...} works okay. I don't like that solution, so I might just process then List of Strings myself and just turn it into an "in (..)" string for the query.

How do I log an issue into the tracker?